A few days ago, I’ve posted a list of links to solve various issues I ran into while creating a site. Now, here is yet another list for another set of issues. By the way, I usually use Twitter as my scratchpad when I stumble across new links, so feel free to follow me.
- Automating aspnet_compiler
- Usually, I use the “Publish Web Site” Function in Visual Studio to Publish my Web Project
- However, for build scripts on my non-Visual Studio Build Server, I need to use aspnet_compiler
- HttpModules instead of Global.asax
- Sounds a lot more complicated than it is
- Allows to be more flexible than with Global.asax
- Useful to display a “This Application is currently undergoing maintenance” message while you are just re-uploading a new version of an application
- Also contains a Bonus hint regarding Internet Explorers Friendly errors
And as a Bonus:
- A simple Grid that reminds me of Delphi’s StringGrid, except that it’s a bit more flexible
- The standard WinForms DataGridView is not really working for me when I want to add images, buttons or stuff like that
- Flash and H.264
- Since some time, Flash can play back H.264 videos. Unfortunately, everyone just calls it “Flash 9 Update 3”, which is not helpful when you want to programmatically check if the Flash Player supports H.264.
- So to clarify this once and for all: The First version of Flash to support H.264 is 9.0.115